Authentic Argentinian recipes...Empanadas!
Look out for our tasty recipe cards in every box of wine...this month we've got yummy Empanadas.
1/2 tsp salt
250g plain flour
50g unsalted butter
2 onions, chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 and 1/2 red peppers
300g minced beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 medium potatoes
3 hard-boiled eggs
1. Heat the water in a pan and add salt. Remove from heat and let it cool down a little.
2. Combine flour, butter, salted water and mould into a soft pastry ball. Wrap tightly in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
2. Melt butter in a frying pan and stir the onions and spring onions until tender. Add chopped red peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add minced beef and stir with a wooden spoon until fully browned. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, cumin and paprika. Remove from heat.
4. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add cubed potatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes; drain and add to filling. Toss in chopped eggs and let it stand and cool down for a couple of minutes.
5. Remove pastry from the fridge and knead on a floured surface. Divide dough in half and roll out each portion to 2mm thickness.
6. Cut 10cm circles with a pastry cutter or sharp knife and wet the edges with water. Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the centre of each disc, fold the pastry over, and press and seal with a fork. Transfer to a baking tray.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Also in News
Our ambition at Taste Argentina is to offer consumers in the UK the widest and most exciting selection of Argentinian wine online...and we definitely feel like we’re getting there! We now have over 115 wines in our portfolio from over 30 producers spanning the length and breadth of Argentina.